I am a huge fan of Chai Lattes. I think it is probably because I flippin love cinnamon! So Chai tea is one of my favorite go-to orders and early morning caffeine choices.
Chai Tea is a blend of black-tea and spices including cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, fennel, and more. The Chai Latte contains the Chai Tea mixed with milk and a sweetener.
So what’s not to love? It’s spicy, creamy, and sweet!
When I have a little more time in the morning, I like to make this Chai Spice Latte. It takes a bit longer then just making Chai tea and adding some creamer, but it is totally worth it.
To make, start by heating a cup of milk in a sauce pan on the stove. Once the milk is simmering, remove from heat and add in two bags of Chai Tea.
Let the tea steep for 5 minutes. After five minutes remove the tea bags, place back on the stove, and start to reheat the milk adding the maple syrup, cinnamon, a dash of cloves, and a dash of allspice.
Once the mixture is warmed and the ingredients are fully combined, remove from heat and pour into blender to froth the mixture (optional). Pour mixture into a mug and top with cinnamon!
Chai Spice Latte
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 Chai tea bags
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of Cloves
- Dash of Allspice
- Heat milk on stove in saucepan until simmering.
- Remove from heat and place two bags of tea in the saucepan to steep for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, place the sauce pan back on the heat and remove the tea bags.
- Mix in the maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice until combined and reheated.
- Optional: Place mixture in blender to froth.
- Pour mixture into mug and garnish with cinnamon.