With Thanksgiving just about two weeks away, it’s time to start getting your grocery list together for the big day! With all that turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casseroles, and other delicious Thanksgiving food, it’s important to remember those wonderfully delicious desserts as well!
For most, that dessert consists of the usual pumpkin, pecan, or sweet potato pie! So why not try something different this year? These Pumpkin Drop cookies still have that awesome pumpkin spice flavor, just without the pie crust. These cookies are super easy to make and are extremely yummy!
If you have never made drop cookies before, the reason they are called drop cookies is because you scoop the fluffy cake batter like dough out of the mixing bowl and simply drop the scoopful onto the cookie sheet to bake! No need to shape the dough or use cookie cutters.
Let’s get to baking!
Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Drop Cookies
- 1 cup of Butter (softened)
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 can of Pumpkin Puree (small)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
Cinnamon Icing Ingredients
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 4-5 Tbs heavy cream or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add in the egg and mix well.
- Mix in the pumpkin and vanilla until fully combined.
- Gradually add in all of the dry ingredients until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough (I used a 1 1/2″ cookie scoop) onto a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Once the cookies have cooled, coat the top of each cookie with the cinnamon icing!