This blog post may contain affiliate links. Click here for more information.
For our Anniversary this year we decided to take a quick trip to Durango, CO to enjoy the changing of the leaves. We arrived in Durango on October 21st and feel that we timed the colors perfectly! All of the leaves were the prettiest colors of orange and yellow with hints of red. This was hands down my favorite trip of the year!
Here are some highlights from the trip!
One of the main reasons we chose Durango for our Anniversary get-away was to ride the train from Durango to Silverton. This took up most of the day on Friday and was so much fun. The views we saw were absolutely stunning and since we chose the Presidential Cinco Animas tickets, we were able to purchase some alcoholic beverages to enjoy during the train ride. I had a Rusty Nail to start things off. This was a super delicious spiked coffee! Give this one a try!
We stayed at the cutest, most cozy little Bed and Breakfast, called the Apple Orchard Inn. The little cabin we stayed in was the Prairie Spy Cottage. We decided to eat breakfast here every morning as the owners and fellow travelers staying here made for the best early morning breakfast conversations.
- Coat: Banana Republic – Long Wrap Jacket
- Jeans: Mint Julep – KanCan Under The Lights Distressed Jeans
- Boots: Target – Women’s Lainee Heeled Scrunch Boots – Universal Thread
- Sweater: Amazon – MEROKEETY Women’s Long Sleeve Waffle Knit Sweater
- Jeans: Mint Julep – KanCan Take Your Love Mid Rise Skinny Jeans
- Boots: Dillards – UGG Mini Bailey Button II
- Coat: I purchased this coat from Old Navy a few years ago and don’t see that they are selling it anymore. So here are some similar coats I found:
- Sweater: Gap – Textured V-Neck Sweater
- Jeans: Buckle – Mid-Rise Skinny Stretch Jean
- Boots (Similar) : DSW Crown Vintage Charley Bootie
Great spot for sushi, seafood, and steak!
Located on the main strip in downtown Durango, this is the perfect place for a craft beer and delicious pub food.
A quaint cowboy-themed restaurant to enjoy lunch at while in Silverton!
This is such a cute little place to stop off at for some sweets to snack on while you enjoy a nice warm cup of hot chocolate!
This was truly a great trip! We both loved Durango and can’t wait to come back. I’m curious, have you visited Durango before? What are your favorite things to do there?