This weeks Friday Morning Caffeine is inspired by the Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Brew!
Now, the actual cold brew coffee takes like 16-20 hours to make, which I don’t have the patience for. So, I created this quick go-to recipe for those like me that like to make early morning beverage decisions last minute!
Instead of using a cold brew, I decided to use a typical cup of coffee as the base and focused on the sweet cream! Maybe one day I will work my way up to making the cold brew, but for today, I’ll take that Keurig quick brew!
To make this delicious cup of liquid energy, start by brewing a nice cup of joe and set aside or in the fridge to cool down. While the coffee is cooling down you can start to make the sweet cream. Mix together the heavy whipping cream, half & half, maple syrup, and vanilla whisking vigorously to get some air into the mix.
With all the ingredients ready to go, throw some ice in a glass, pour the coffee over it, then add in the sweet cream (which you may have to stir right before use as it likes to separate), and enjoy that bad boy!
Hope this beverage fills you full of flavor and energy to go out and kick butt!
Iced Sweet Cream Vanilla Latte
- 8 oz. cup of Coffee
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/8 cup Half & Half
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Brew 8 oz (1 cup) of coffee, set aside.
- Mix together whipping cream, half & half, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. (Whisk together in order to incorporate some air to make the cream fluffy!)
- Place ice in a glass, pour coffee over, then add in the sweet cream.
- Enjoy your liquid energy!